Today’s chart comes courtesy from a reader request for OraSure Technologies Inc. (OSUR) which develops, manufactures, markets, and sells oral fluid diagnostic products and specimen collection devices in the United States and internationally.
Ticker: OraSure Technologies Inc. (OSUR)
What I Am Looking At:
- iShares Medical Devices etf (IHI) up nearly 13 percent year-to-date, slightly outperforming the broader market
- OSUR, down more than 15 percent year-to-date, underperforming its peers
- $14 level appears to be multi-year resistance (blue lines on monthly chart above)
- October breakdown from massive complex head & shoulders topping pattern (see daily chart above)
- Recent bounce from the half-high ($7 area)
- 61.8 percent Fibonacci retracement level (monthly chart) of the 2009-2012 upmove corresponds to the November low
- Most recent earnings announcement (11/7) saw a below-consensus guidance for Q4 EPS
- Facing gap resistance around the $8.50 area
- Nearly 9 percent of the float is sold short
- 11 days to cover
- Analysts still showing optimism as 5 out of 7 maintain “strong buy” ratings
- 50-day buy-to-open call/put ratio shows nearly 14 calls for every put purchased during the past 50 days, showing a great deal amount of optimism after losing nearly 50 percent from its July peak.