A valid URL was not provided.
Today’s chart is of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) which engages in the specialty coffee and coffeemaker businesses in the United States and Canada. It sources, produces, and sells approximately 225 varieties of coffee, cocoa, teas, and other beverages in K-Cup and Vue single serve packs; and coffee in traditional packaging, including whole bean and ground coffee selections in bags, and ground coffee in fractional packs.
Ticker: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR)
Strategy: Long Trade
What I Am Looking At:
- Outperforming on a year-to-date basis, up more than 37 percent and up over 230 percent since the July 2012 bottom
- Daily chart showing tight consolidating triangle formation, indicating possible continuation pattern for an upside breakout move coming
- $60 round number level appears to be rather significant
- Just beneath the $60 level is the half-all-time high at $58
- Reports earnings on May 8th after market closes, may be the needed catalyst to spark shares above these two levels
- Short interest remains high (25 percent of the float) despite the recent strength in shares
- Nearly 11 days for shorts to cover themselves based on average daily volume
- Open interest put/call ratio stands at 2.06 indicating twice as many puts remain open versus calls, which ranks in the 98th percentile of all readings taken during the past year, indicating an extreme in optimism
- 50-day buy-to-open put/call ratio also showing an extreme in optimism
- Annual sales growth past 5 years is 62 percent
Targets: Round number $70 level which coincides with the 2012 high